R. Hermann Heimgartner has been helping clients resolve disputes and representing clients in court since 2015. Prior to 2015, he was a deputy public defender in Kona and a deputy prosecuting attorney on Kauai.
Mr. Heimgartner's goal as an attorney is to help people by providing exceptional and personal legal services. To get the best possible result for his clients, Mr. Heimgartner relies upon his exceptional courtroom and negotiation skills, his legal research and writing abilities, his experience in mediation, arbitration, and trial, and leveraging technology to streamline his cases.
When Mr. Heimgartner accepts to represent you, then he will not assign your case to a paralegal, associate, or other person. He will singularly handle your case from start to finish.
Mr. Heimgartner is currently the 2019 President of the West Hawaii Bar Association. He serves as a court appointed arbitrator in the Judiciary's Court Annexed Arbitration Program and as a commissioner for the courts in foreclosure cases.
Mr. Heimgartner is actively involved in the West Hawaii community. He is a past president of the Rotary Club of Kona, and he is an active member in the Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce.
- 2015 - Present
- R. Hermann Heimgartner Attorney At Law LLLC
- 2011 - 2014
- Hawaii Office of the Public Defender (Kona)
- Deputy Public Defender
- 2009 - 2011
- Kauai Office of the Prosecuting Attorney
- Deputy Prosecuting Attorney
- 2008 - 2009
- Van Pernis - Vancil
- Associate Litigation Attorney
- 2008 - Juris Doctorate
- William S. Richardson School of Law
- 2005 - Master of Science in Computer Science
- University of Southern California
- 2003 - Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Pepperdine University
LICENSES & ROLES
- Hawaii Bar License, #9010, 2008 - Present
- Court Appointed Commissioner
- Court Appointed Criminal Defense Counsel
- Court Appointed Arbitrator for Court Annexed Arbitration Program
- Hawaii State Bar Association
- 2008 - Present
- West Hawaii Bar Association
- 2015: Recording Secretary
- 2016: Treasurer: CLE Committee
- 2017: Vice President
- 2018: Vice President
- 2019: President
- Rotary Club of Kona
- 2015: Became Member
- 2016-17: President Elect
- 2017-19: President